Operative program “Environment 2007 – 2013” has been prepared by a special ad hoc working group (WG) in the period from 2005 to 2006, members of the working group include representatives of all stakeholders – central, local and regional authorities, businesses, NGOs environmental organizations, scientific organizations, trade unions and others. The total financial envelope for the implementation of the Operative Program “Environment 2007 – 2013,” amounts to € 1,800,748,085. For 2013 as the last year of the current period remaining funds are in amount of 649 646 918 BGN.
Improvement, preservation and restoration of the natural environment and the development of environmental infrastructure. That includes :
• Protection and improvement of water;
• Improving waste management and soil protection;
• Conservation of biodiversity and nature protection.
The realization of these goals will improve the quality of life of the population and increasing the opportunities for investment in its economy.
Eligible activities for 2013:
• Improving and building of infrastructure for water and wastewater
• For treating of waste
• Conservation and restoration of biodiversity